San Gian Church with its ruined bell tower, Celerina (Schlarigna), Graubünden, Switzerland
The Swiss Reformed Church of San Gian is listed as a Swiss heritage site of national significance. The church is located on a hill above the Inn River. It was built in 1478 on the site of a chapel that was about 500 years older. The church is a single apse construction with a painted wood roof and notable frescoes. In 1682 the large bell tower was struck by lightning and the burned out roof was never replaced.
Copyright © Yair Karelic Photography. All rights reserved